What is Laser Lithotripsy?
Laser lithotripsy is a procedure to locate and break apart kidney stones with the help of a ureteroscope and laser. The smaller stones are either removed or passed out of the body through urine. This procedure does not involve incisions because the ureteroscope is passed through urethra, bladder, and ureter.
This procedure is recommended when:
- The kidney stones are large
- The stones are irregular
- The stones are causing damage to the surrounding area
After the procedure, the doctor may place a stent in the ureter to help the stone fragments pass out through urine.
What are the risks of Laser Lithotripsy?
Potential risks associated with laser lithotripsy are:
- Large amounts of blood in the urine
- Injury to the urinary tract
- Misplacement of the stent
- more procedures to remove the smaller stones that do not pass
When we work
We are here for you